Denver Truck Accident Lawyer

Truck Accident Lawyer Denver

Hundreds of large trucks and demi-tractor-trailers pass through Colorado every year.  For this reason, accidents with lar commercial trucks colliding with smaller vehicles often occur.  Accidents are more common especially in intersections, high-traffic areas, and even in rural areas due to the busy trucking culture of Colorado.

What you may not know is that you can file a case against the person who has caused the accident. If the accident has resulted into an injury or death of a person, the at-fault driver should be held liable. In this case, you need a truck accident attorney in Denverto handle your case.

Free Case Evaluation

car accident lawyer gypsum+co

What should I do if I've been involved in a truck accident in Colorado Springs?

If you’ve been in a truck accident, prioritize your safety and seek medical attention if needed. Then, document the accident scene, gather evidence, and contact a truck accident attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights.

How can a truck accident attorney help me with my case?

A truck accident attorney can provide legal guidance, investigate the accident, negotiate with insurance companies, determine liability, assess damages, and advocate for fair compensation on your behalf.

What makes truck accident cases different from car accident cases?

You may be able to recover various damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain, and suffering, and in some cases, punitive damages for egregious conduct. Take note, however, that wrongful death cases in Colorado can be difficult to win alone. You will need the help of an experienced Denver wrongful death lawyer to provide legal representation.

How long do I have to file a truck accident lawsuit in Colorado Springs?

In Colorado, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, including truck accidents, is generally two years from the date of the accident. It’s crucial to act promptly to avoid losing your right to compensation.

What evidence is important in proving liability in a truck accident case?

Evidence such as accident reports, eyewitness statements, trucking logs, maintenance records, black box data, and expert testimony can help establish liability in a truck accident case.

Should I accept a settlement offer from the insurance company?

It’s essential to consult with a truck accident attorney before accepting any settlement offer. Insurance companies may try to settle for less than you deserve, and an attorney can help ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.

What if I was partially at fault for the truck accident?

Colorado follows a comparative negligence system, meaning you can still recover damages even if you were partially at fault. However, your compensation may be reduced proportionally to your percentage of fault. It also means that multiple people are involved, thus multiple people maybe held liable. 

For instance, if two drivers after having followed all traffic rules and driving the right way still collide with each other, the court will compare their actions which contributed to the accident. The driver with greater negligence will have to pay for compensation. However, if the other driver has contributed 20% to the accident, then the compensation will be reduced accordingly.

Imagine this, if you’ve met an accident where you’re 20% at fault while the other is 80%, your compensation will also be reduced by 20%. Hence, instead of getting 100% of the $100, 0000 full compensation, you will only receive $80,000. Note that there is a cap to the percentage of comparative negligece. If your comparative negligence has reached 50%, the law dictates that you won’t receive compensation.

Can I sue the trucking company for a truck accident?

Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may have grounds to sue the trucking company for negligence, improper maintenance, violations of federal regulations, or other factors contributing to the crash. For instance, if it the accident was due to a tire blowout or damaged break, and it is found that the company failed to conduct routine checked on their company trucks and vehicles before leaving the premises, then the company may be jointly and severally liable with the driver. 

How much does it cost to hire a truck accident attorney in Colorado Springs?

Most truck accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they secure compensation for you. They typically receive a percentage of the settlement or verdict, so there are no upfront costs to hiring an attorney. If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact our attorneys.